The Yacht Support range of vessels now offers the ultimate technical area for serious superyacht helicopter operations – a fully enclosed hangar – without sacrificing luxury spaces on board the mother yacht. DAMEN and AMELS have developed this exciting new option for the successful 67-metre Sea Axe 6711 in response to client feedback.
Fully-certified superyacht helicopter hangar
The new hangar is one of the benefits of the well-equipped support vessels built by DAMEN, and customised to the particular requirements of superyacht owners and finished to superyacht standards. The LY3 / MCA fully certified hangar shelters up to the size of a Eurocopter AS365. The helicopter emerges through opening doors. A platform lift mechanism supports a take-off weight of 5,000 kg. See how the Yacht Support helicopter hangar works.
An alternative option for the Sea Axe 6711 is a fully kitted-out 45.5 square-metre professional dive centre. This option includes its own Lloyd’s Register-certified double lock decompression chamber, four-point filling station and storage area.
DAMEN has already delivered three yacht support vessels, including one featuring a customised dive centre option. Another four Yacht Support vessels are under construction.
- LY3 / MCA certified fully enclosed helicopter hangar
- LY3 / MCA helideck with helicopter platform lift mechanism and closing doors
- EUROCOPTER AS365 helicopter maximum size
- Helideck maximum take-off weight 5,000 kg
- Lloyd’s Register certified double lock decompression chamber
- Capacity: Four divers sitting, or two divers lying down. Dedicated oxygen supply
- with emergency electrical supply
- High pressure breathing air production facility
- Enriched air nitrox production facility
- Filling station for scuba dive cylinders with four filling points
- Dive store area = 45.5 square metres