The Health and Safety at Work, Emergency Situations and Environment Protection department employs 22 inspectors plus another 20 members of the fire brigade and 8 supervisors for open fire works.
The department lies in the organisation core of the safety culture, advancing and promoting consistent personal safety, injury prevention and wellness policies and programs as well as compliance with applicable envirnomental and health and safety laws and regulations.
ʺWe are constantly looking to improve our ways of working in order to make the yard a safer workplace for everybodyʺ.
The Health and Safety at Work, Emergency Situations and Environment Protection department is guided by the following principles:
- identifying all hazards in the activities carried out on each job and assessing the risks;
- continuous action to reduce risks;
- improving performance continuously to ensure a safe, healthy work environment for all employees;
- raising awareness and involvement of staff in all aspects related to safety at work activities and processes;
- continuously improving environmental performance and sustainable use of resources;
- encouraging staff and subcontractors to contribute to the protection and enhancement of environmental performance;
- efficient use of materials, electricity, water and energy fluids;
- selective waste collection and increased recycling;
- raising the awareness of staff on keeping a clean and healthy environment and encouraging eco friendly attitude.
Learn more about Damen Galati HSEQ