Albwardy Damen has a multi-disciplinary Engineering and Production support team comprising of qualified and experienced Naval Architects, Engineers and Draughts-men, capable of providing an end-to-end Engineering services to the new building, conversion, ship repair and oil and gas industry.
The department use the latest software, such as Autohydro, STAAD.Pro, ANSYS, Nupas Cadmatic, Siemens NX and Rhino, providing a one stop solution to Customers in the following areas:
- Concept & Basic Designs
- 3D Modelling
- Detailed Engineering & Production Drawings
- Naval Architecture Calculations for Vessel modifications and Add-Ons
- Structural Analysis
- 3D Scanning
- Ballast Water System & Scrubber Retrofit Engineering
- Project Engineering during Job Execution
- Liaison with Class & Third Party for approvals
- Inclining Experiment & Stability Calculations
- Procedures & Reports for Dock trials & Sea trials
- As-built Drawings
Albwardy Damen is working in close collaboration with Damen’s Central Engineering Office in the Netherlands. The design and engineering calculations are performed in-house in accordance with Damen Quality Standards which has been developed from the expertise gained through years of Ship building and operational experience and continuous improvement by the Damen R&D team.
Since 2018 we are operating our own 3D scanning team. Our operators and engineers are able to take on complex challenges for survey and design of marine projects anywhere in the world. Used for new-building, conversion and repair projects, this technology is a smart choice for saving time and resources while maintaining highest levels of quality.